• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

I’ve been looking for an anchor to replace the standard 10 kg Lewmar Delta for some time. The Delta 16 fits the bow roller but the shank is too broad for the anchor locker lid.

Following a tip from Echo, I tried the Rocna 15 kg, and it is a near perfect fit. It actually self-launches better than the Delta – the only issue is that care is needed on the drop so as not to catch the bow.

I’m happier anchoring now! Photos attached show the Rocna in situ.

Chris – Freebird of Largs, Bavaria 30 (2006)

Webmaster
      Participant

Hi There I’ve a Bavaria 34 year 2001 I had the 15kg cqr anchor. I’ve just installed a 15kg S80 spade anchor and man what a difference sets first time not like the cqr sorry I don’t have any photos.

Mike

Webmaster
        Participant

Yes – I had a CQR anchor for many years on our old boat, and the setting power of the Delta that came with Freebird was a revelation. I felt that 10kg was too light for a boat with quite high topsides – I’d have been happy with the 16kg Delta, but as it didn’t fit chose the Rocna instead. Modern anchors have a lot of advantages.

Webmaster
          Participant

Yep know what you mean sometimes it took me several attempts to set the cqr and even then I was not 100% confident. The first time i lowered the spade and went astern to dig it in it bit the first time what a difference. I assume your Rocna will work in the same way far more better designs

Mike
            Artemis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Bavaria 30’ is closed to new topics and replies.