Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #13583

    My 2003 Bavaria has a ball-valve (with red handle) rather than a proper marine sea-cock. I should imagine that all were fitted with this kind of seacock.

    The handle has seized on mine (thankfully with the ball-valve closed) so have I have to change it.

    I want to replace with a marine bronze, or even a plastic one.

    Does anyone have any advice; in particular, what size is the ball-valve and where can I get one.

    Many thanks, Jonathan
    (Bavaria 32 ‘Bubble’ at Fleetwood)


    Those are the standard-fit ball vales. I believe the inlets are 3/4″ and the outlets are 1.5″.

    ASAP supplies is a good place to look for replacements. They sell brass, DTZ, Bronze, and Truedesign plastic ones.


    I did my best to measure it with a caliper today – very difficult as there isn’t much space.

    As far as I could tell the ball-valve was 1 3/4 inch in and 1 3/4 inch out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.