• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I bought a new Bavaria 32 in May 10. I am lifting out 24 Mar 11 to view and scrub the underside and plan to renew the anodes if necessary. I have the anodes but this is the ‘first time’. Guessing that the BMW/Farr design will not differ from the previous 32 design. Are there any tips/hints from other 32 owners on changing the anodes – tools, eqpt etc.
      Cheers MistyB

Anonymous

Misty B
        It would help to know which prop you have as there is a slight difference in how the anodes are fitted, and also if you have a rope cutter but in essence you will need a socket set with an extension bar, a set of allen keys, maybe a block of wood, a philips and a flat headed screwdriver and some threadlock.
        At least that is all I need for a 2 bladed folding prop. Oh, and occassionally a hammer!
        Your Volvo Penta engine manual should tell you how to remove and replace the prop.
        Cheers
        Rick

Anonymous

Rick,

Many thanks.

MistyB

Anonymous

Hi MistyB,

Took delivery of a new Bavaria32 Avantgarde Feb 2013 myself, just wondered how other owners got on with any snagging or other such issues on a new purchase as I’m getting frustrated with dealership. All my problems appear to be ones that they have never encountered before. Maybe I just mistreat the vessel by taking it out on to the seas that surround the British Isles and we all know how violent the seas can be.

Rgds

Tchin-Tchin

Anonymous

@Tchin-Tchin wrote:

Hi MistyB,

Took delivery of a new Bavaria32 Avantgarde Feb 2013 myself, just wondered how other owners got on with any snagging or other such issues on a new purchase as I’m getting frustrated with dealership. All my problems appear to be ones that they have never encountered before. Maybe I just mistreat the vessel by taking it out on to the seas that surround the British Isles and we all know how violent the seas can be.

Rgds

Tchin-Tchin

How have things settled down?
              Personally I have found more issues just as the warranty expires!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Bavaria 32’ is closed to new topics and replies.