• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,
      I have purchased a bowsprit ring for my 33 Cruiser [2015 Farr Design] but, when trying to fit the ring, I could see that the Selden bowsprit, when extended, will be obstructed by the fluke of my Delta anchor [supplied with the boat]. The bowsprit kit was a factory-fit option when buying the boat – does anyone know what changes/fittings are required to make the bowsprit work clear of the anchor on a boat not fitted with the bowsprit kit when new?
      Thanks.
      Triskelion

Anonymous

Hi Triskelion, Sorry to say that it is exactly the same on CaSam.
        Indeed I have made the situation worse by over specifying the Delta as well (which was a good move actually!)
        When I fly the Asymetric I either invert the anchor on the bow roller or bring it back onto the deck and bag/secure it down (not ideal).
        I guess that we could change the anchor type so that the flukes do not get in the way, although as I said…I do like how the Delta holds.

Steve
        [attachment=0:jsmtfyhw]1.jpg[/attachment:jsmtfyhw]

Anonymous

Hello CaSam and thanks for coming back.
          I’m working through anchor options at present and tried a 10kg Rocna today – it nearly worked. I’m thinking of a 12 kg Vulcan next as it doesn’t have a ring.
          Looks like you don’t have the Bavaria gennaker ring fitted which bolts on to the bow fitting supporting the pulpit.
          Looking at images on the web it seems that a different bow roller fitting is used to drop the Delta down so that the flukes don’t interfere.
          I will post my solution if I find one.
          Yours aye.
          Triskelion

Anonymous

Hello,
            Constructed a template for a 12kg Vulcan anchor and it looks like it is going to work on my bow roller. Won’t know for sure until the bowsprit kit is installed but my confidence level is high.
            Triskelion

Anonymous

@triskelion wrote:

Hello CaSam and thanks for coming back.
              I’m working through anchor options at present and tried a 10kg Rocna today – it nearly worked. I’m thinking of a 12 kg Vulcan next as it doesn’t have a ring.
              Looks like you don’t have the Bavaria gennaker ring fitted which bolts on to the bow fitting supporting the pulpit.
              Looking at images on the web it seems that a different bow roller fitting is used to drop the Delta down so that the flukes don’t interfere.
              I will post my solution if I find one.
              Yours aye.
              Triskelion

You are right… I didn’t think that the ring on the bow roller looked strong enough for the forces exerted (Although my kite is over specced too! hmmm?) so I went with a through deck fitting. In terms of anchor size, I guess it depends on what you are planning to use it for….. a lunch time stop over or holding you safe when it turns a bit nasty?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Bavaria 33’ is closed to new topics and replies.