• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

We have a combined ‘steaming’ and deck floodlight (on Bav 44 – 2002) The floodlight has failed due to massive water ingress which has destroyed the silvering in the reflector, therefore we need a new unit. The unit is a Hella FF square type. Does anyone know where to obtain a new unit, without having to purchase a complete light?

Thanks,

Michael.

Anonymous

Update.
        Found the floodlight unit from a UK supplier, but the cost, combined with the postage, made it a very expensive option. Therefore I decided to buy a complete new Aqua Signal unit with a white casing, and which is actually an updated model from the original.

A tip here for anyone going to hotter climes – if you have a chance change all your exterior lights to white cased ones, or if you are ordering a new boat specify them, and they should be at no extra cost. All ours are now white cased, and except for the steaming/deck floodlight, LED

M.

Anonymous

I had exactly the same issue, in my steaming light did not work and upon investigation found deck light casing flooded with water (no idea where it came from and assume condensation over the last 15 years) and therefore negative wire connections for both lights useless.

The good news I am sharing is you can get a lense replacement from Hella lights via their spotlight range. Look for part number 1GA 007 506-011 Hella FF. It is exactly the same. You cannot buy lense on it’s own from car of marine Halla range, you have to buy spotlight. I found on various places for £30 and even found non-hella equivalent even cheeper (I chose to order Hella part to be sure).

You will need to buy replacement h3 bulb.

And the water problem, drill drainage holes into casing underneath to avoid repeat. Design flaw really, as they should be there already.

Good advice, thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • The forum ‘I can’t find it :-(’ is closed to new topics and replies.