• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

It has been suggested it would useful to have a forum thread so members can detail experience of parts supplies/service work they have had undertaken which they thought was well done at the right price. As (hopefully) the thread gets filed up with good examples, I am happy to pull them out and put then on a clear list members can refer to.
      I am happy to start things off with;
      Davis Marine Services 07896 367379– Jim Davis works out of Portsmouth and used to work for RK Marine before going out on his own. He is a very experienced mechanic,especially with Volvo-Penta engines. He is happy to travel (to Brighton in my case) and has services my engines and outdrives for me. His work has been excellent and good value. A recent service of my two D4 engines came to £650 including parts and labour To quote his business card he has “Over 35 years experience working across all motor boats and yacht systems; inboard and outboard servicing, installation, anti-fouling, winterisation, electrical, fault diagnostics and fresh/wastewater systems.”

Garth GRP – Brighton Tel: 01273 600004. Garth has undertaken a few bits of GRP work for me including repairing some gelcoat. He repaired my anchor and bow roller when a Moody yacht rammed us when we were anchored up at Eastbourne! The work he has done for me is very good and he charges a very reasonable fee. To repair a number of cracks in the GRP requiring the gelcoat grinding back and some new coat applied he charged me £150. I noticed a magazine article recently quoted this work as normally being upwards of £300 so I hope he does not read that magazine! Garth is a cheerful Aussie and giving him a beer helps matters (as long as its not Fosters as he says its the rubbish they cannot sell in Australia so they send it over here!)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘Motor’ is closed to new topics and replies.