• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi all

I thought it would be a good idea to be the first to post on this revamped Forum. Just a little about my boat –

I bought my 46 this year and had it launched in France. I have cruised with it this summer along the west coast of Italy and out to Sardinia, at present it is berthed in Ostia (Rome).

We had a great summer in our new boat and I have a few observations to make to anyone who may be interested in coming in on the chat.

1. We found the CQR anchor supplied to be inadequate for the Med and had to change it for a 25kg Bugel, its fantastic.
      2. The element in our calorifier has blown, it seemed to be always a little too hot. Now I have to drain the system to change it … has anyone got any advice on the job, I will be doing it myself.
      3. A great boat to cruise and moves very well. Has anybody raced a 46 … how does it compare?

I would love to hear from other 46 owners. We have cruised and raced quite a bit in the past but only around the British Isles and Europe. This is our first venture into a new boat. We deserve it after buying the kids new Oppies, Mirrors, Lasers and a 420. I live in Waterford, Ireland.

Nick Walsh

Anonymous

We got our 46 last October, so its just coming up to a year now. I suppose we are begining to feel that we understand her now. We’ve managed quite a bit of on-the-water time this year; our base is in the Solent but we had a couple of cruises west.

I’ve noticed the electric water heater is hot – too hot to use actually; but it is still working !

Problems with the boat are minor; with the exception of plumbing and some additional electronics fitted by Opal.

Please get in touch to discuss the addons !

Anonymous

Hi Nick, I have seen Silverado in Malta this summer at Manoel Island marina and now at Manoel Island Yacht yard. I am the Bavaria dealer for Malta and own a B46 Cruiser myself called FLYING COLOURS moored on pontoo F Msida marina.
          FC was one of the first 3 cabin version 46’s and was commissioned at the end of 2004. FC is equipped with a lot of additional goodies which I installed and modified my self. She is an exceptional boat rigged for short handed sailing and I also raced the boat in local races especially the short handed ones and did extremely well. The boat is equipped with a deep lead keel, furling mast, a spinnaker pole and a gennaker bowsprit which I fitted before Bavaria offered it as an option.
          I have made various modifications which improved the layout, stowage and also handling. Please get in touch the next time you are in Malta and we can compare notes. 🙂

Anonymous

@Flying Colours wrote:

Hi Nick, I have seen Silverado in Malta this summer at Manoel Island marina and now at Manoel Island Yacht yard. I am the Bavaria dealer for Malta and own a B46 Cruiser myself called FLYING COLOURS moored on pontoo F Msida marina.
            FC was one of the first 3 cabin version 46’s and was commissioned at the end of 2004. FC is equipped with a lot of additional goodies which I installed and modified my self. She is an exceptional boat rigged for short handed sailing and I also raced the boat in local races especially the short handed ones and did extremely well. The boat is equipped with a deep lead keel, furling mast, a spinnaker pole and a gennaker bowsprit which I fitted before Bavaria offered it as an option.
            I have made various modifications which improved the layout, stowage and also handling. Please get in touch the next time you are in Malta and we can compare notes. 🙂

i am new to the forum, but i am presently looking to purchase a Bavaria 46 05-08 and wonder if you have any advice as to what to look for. i veiwed a vessel last week and the boat looked in good condition, but the wood was water stained in lockers/behind cusions and there was two short splits in the fiberglass bonding to wood bulk head in the forward cabin. i have pictures. there were no other cracks in any of the floor beams or any around the keel. Any advice would be helpful. i am looking for a vessel to participate in the ARC and this seems to fit the bill. we prefer the 3 cabin version as we would normily sail as acouple.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Bavaria 46’ is closed to new topics and replies.