• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Our bow and masthead nav lights failed. I noticed that behind the printed circuit board electronics panel, two fuses had been added that were not on the handbook panel wiring diagram. One for the bow light and one for the masthead light. Neither had blown. So the problem was in the printed circuit board somewhere. Did they have a problem which is still unresolved? Fortunately it was within the warranty period and was replaced free, but is the problem still there? Anybody had the same problem?

Anonymous

We’ve had exactly the same on Choupette. Particularly when turning them on to check them with the shore power attached. I have discussed with Hella Marine Engineering in Austria and they advise that the commonest cause of premature failure is high voltage spikes weakening the filiament.

Our 25A shore power charger does seem to charge at high voltage rates but the Bavaria distributor here in France advised that this was normal.

I am now replacing ny bulbs with LED replacements each time they blow as LEDs work in a wider voltage range.

Regards

Richard

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘Bavaria 37’ is closed to new topics and replies.