Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bobclements
    Keymaster

Come on everyone, put a photo of your Bavaria here.  Tell us about her.  How long have you had her? Where do you keep her? Where have you taken her?

bobclements
      Keymaster

I’ll get things started….

This is Island Alchemy, our Bavaria 49.  We’ve had her from new (2003). She spent 8 years in the Caribbean, the following 9 years in the UK, and now lives in La Roche Bernard in Brittany.

The photo is of us running the Raz de Sein

ia-raz

DavidLanceley
        Participant

sssIMG_4458

I keep my B38 Lightwave in Craobh Marina on the West Coast of Scotland.  Owned her since April 2018.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by DavidLanceley.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by DavidLanceley.
          • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by bobclements.
          Anonymous

Bubble3BubbleIMG_0177IMG_0178IMG_0179Bubble is a 2003 Bavaria 32 which I have owned since 2016. She’s berthed at Fleetwood Marina. I sail virtually year-round, preferring to leave her in over the winter and haul her for maintenance when the weather is warmer in the spring for just a couple of weeks.

I sail mostly single-handed. Longer trips in the summer months include North Wales, Southern Scotland, Ireland (N and S) and the Isle of Man. Whitehaven on the Cubria coast is a good day’s sail too. A popular weekend trip is across Morecambe Bay to Piel Island – just about the only place for much of the NW coast where it is possible to pick up a buoy or anchor at any state of the tide. The majority of the time, though, my sailing over the mere 3 hours we have over HW at Fleetwood and I sail in the bay or, on the bigger tides, up the River Were estuary.

Bubble has her original VP 2020D engine and saildrive but new sails (Kemp) and a Bruntons folding propeller.

Recent projects: new fridge; replaced exhaust elbow; replaced leaking original VP water-trap and replaced with new Vetus.

I am early-retiring at the end of 2020 so hope to sail further from 2021, hopefully to the South Coast, Scilly Isle, Scottish Islands etc. I’ve always wanted to sail round Britain but now that the time I can do that is approaching I am less confident!

You can follow Bubble on AIS.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by bobclements.
            davefortey
            Participant

Hello everyone. he is our fine vessel Sea dream, a B32 2003 model. in fine condition, spent most of her life in Haslar marina now at her new home in Falmouth.  Presently ashore at Mylor undergoing a few mods, the main one being the fitting of a windlass and associated anchor locker platform.  Gone for the Lofrans Cayman 88.  doing it myself and will post some pictures and a rough20200621_142936 guide in the future.

Anonymous

DSC_2213

Here is Reefin my BAV42 cruiser on the hammer head in St Vaast, a lovely destination with a wine store that will deliver to your boat, brilliant.

Blaue Maus full sail

This is Blaue Maus (Blue Mouse) Bavaria 38 I have have for 15 years.

She is moored mid river on the Hamble.

The photo is round the Island race a few years ago.

Keirah
                Participant

Hi!  This is Keirah, she is a 33 Cruiser and Peter and I have owned her since Nov 2017.  We spend most of our time sailing around the Solent and managed to find the free time to get to Weymouth last summer. Hopefully next year we will make it further West. Regards Tracy C8447B05-C500-42AB-8A25-3551DDE5FDA7

DavidLanceley
                  Participant

CraobhIMG_7287sss

I’ve owned by B38 Lightwave since April 2018.  I keep her in Craobh marina on the west coast of Scotland.

Sailing picture on passage from Loch Scavaig to Mallaig a couple of weeks ago.  For the mountaineers out there the Skye ridge in the background.

davefortey
                    Participant

Sea Dream, our Bavaria 32 a 2004 version purchased early 2020 in fine condition. Had spent all its life in Haslar marina and clearly had been well looked after. Its the first boat i have owned that had dust in the bilges! Now safe and enjoying life in Falmouth.

Presently she is in dry storage at Mylor harbour with mast off, small refit consisting of adding a Cayman 88 anchor winch, new rigging and relocating some of the navigational instruments. The main event was the replacement of the 1.5 inch sewage seacock, the survey had picked up the possibility of change, so after dining heavily on You tube videos i replaced the manufacturers seacock with a complete bronze assembly. The job was very easy, simply grinding off the outboard flange, and twisting off the internal valve. as i made my first twist the valve tail crumbled! as per image.20200621_14295920201110_13473920201110_155804

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.