• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I bought a Bavaria 38 (2004) in April 2008. With a young family I have been used to sailing yachts with the hood up, the problem is I can’t see over the sprayhood its too tall, looking through the windows isn’t good either you have to stoop a bit. the canvas roof of the sprayhood blocks your view perfectly. Can anyone recommend a good hood that gives a view over the top for someone around 5’10” ?

Anonymous

i dont know of a good hood there was an article in the bavaria magazine about this problem and how to overcome it something to do with ikea fold up picnic table to stand on to raise your line of sight dont know what issue im sure some one will know

johnd

Anonymous

Hi
          If you want a one off hood speak to Tecsew in Gosport.
          When I wanted a full enclosure made this was the only company that would make what I wanted. Everyone else was trying to sell me a off the shelf design that wasnt high enough. Price was also comparable to the off the shelf units as well. They may even be able to redisgn yours ???

Anonymous

The table article was written by Geoff Cutts. He used a cheap lightweight IKEA folding table and adapted the legs to hold the top in place. The IKEA table was discontinued and I tried the same thing with a B&Q garden coffee table. It was much heavier than the IKEA table and I stopped using it because it was too big a lump of wood to have loose in the cockpit. The principle is still good though.

Anonymous

Hi,
              I cut the surface of the sprayhood between the upper one and the lower one and put a plastic hourglass that works fine.
              Good bye,

Anonymous

Hi
                I had the same problem on last Chance & built a small step using a peice of garden decking works a treat, a lot will all depend on the shape of deck behind the wheel, on last chance its more like a well that holds water as the drain holes are too high anther job to do over the winter

Graham
                Last Chance
                Medway

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘Bavaria 38’ is closed to new topics and replies.