Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peter Ryan
    Participant

Hi can anyone give me some advice on what size of pole to buy? I have been advised around 5.3 meters length which intrinsically feels far to long. If anyone has one of the right for sale too that would be useful.

Thanks Peter Ryan – pjw.ryan@blueyonder.co.uk 07742630382

Hi Peter,
      Our Commodore is the racy one, used to win every thing, he could know this.
      commodore@bavariaowners.co.uk

Bill

davefortey
      Participant

Gents, what was the answer? As I am thinking about a whisker oole for a B32 and am facing same question?

Peter Ryan
        Participant

Hi Dave,
          I had a reply from the commodore if I remember suggesting that for the 34 a 4 meter one would be good. I have to admit to not having bought one yet but I am having my rigger visit me in a few weeks to assess how best to set up, ditto with a cruising chute.
          I reached out to a number of manufacturers including Forespar in the States and the general advice was for a length between 4.0 to 5.4 meters, telescopic.

My hunch is that the ideal place to store would be on the mast given that Bavaria stanchions are not that robust and might struggle in bigger seas.

Sorry not to be more constructive but happy to chat further on the phone if you want to.

Regards

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.