• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi the LED lights on CaSam have already ready started to fail despite minimal use.

Clipper have quoted me £40 each for replacements…..

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative or a fix?
      Thx

[attachment=0:3n97tbfc]2014-10-26 15.40.328.jpg[/attachment:3n97tbfc]
      [attachment=1:3n97tbfc]2014-10-26 15.39.223.jpg[/attachment:3n97tbfc]

Anonymous

Two options.
        I bought a similar light in plastic with led from 12 Volt Planet Ltd ,price including vat and delivery £38.32.
        Product code P01133
        Part number XS9410MS
        Fitted well as dims all but identical and it swivels all ways.
        I guess delivery cost would the same for two.
        Secondly I have sourced some 15 mm dia rocker swithes off ebay for £2.99 each.
        I will let you know how it goes when I have fitted one as I will have to file down the lugs on the light that hold the black rocker .
        Watch this space
        Clive
        ” WISH “

Anonymous
          Anonymous

I also had trouble with the LED cabin lights on my 2010 Farr design B32 Aibrean. Almost all the original LED lights caused problems, typically a few of the LED bulbs start flickering and then a cluster of them extinguished. The lights were LED assemblies in a G4 fitting, not the integrated fitting that Clipper Marine currently supply. I have now replaced the original LED lights with LumiLife G4 units from LED Choice. web site: http://www.ledchoice.co.uk/g4-led-bulbs Current listed price is £6 each, a lot less than those from Clipper Marine. Whether you can use them will depend upon the type of light fitting you have.
            They have been in there for only a few months, but have not failed. They are noticeably brighter than the original LED lights and have a wider illumination angle. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

@Aibrean wrote:

I also had trouble with the LED cabin lights on my 2010 Farr design B32 Aibrean. Almost all the original LED lights caused problems, typically a few of the LED bulbs start flickering and then a cluster of them extinguished. The lights were LED assemblies in a G4 fitting, not the integrated fitting that Clipper Marine currently supply. I have now replaced the original LED lights with LumiLife G4 units from LED Choice. web site: http://www.ledchoice.co.uk/g4-led-bulbs Current listed price is £6 each, a lot less than those from Clipper Marine. Whether you can use them will depend upon the type of light fitting you have.
              They have been in there for only a few months, but have not failed. They are noticeably brighter than the original LED lights and have a wider illumination angle. Hope this helps.

Thanks Aibrean – Interesting to note that you too had issues with the factory fitted originals….. does that point towards poor quality parts and if so should Clipper both feed that back as well as resolve the issue? (I think that we probably know the answer to that??)

On a seperate issue, does anyone know if the bulbs can be replaced in the units that are now being fitted or does it have to be a total replacement?

S

Anonymous

Ref my previous on cabin lights.
                I had fitted led bulbs which worked fine but the weakness in them really is the switch.
                Replacements lights being expensive I found switches with 15 mm barrels.
                I filed the lugs off the lights where the switch would go.
                I then made up two short leads and connected to the main feed.
                The photos show the leads leading off either side but they need to feed back through the housing to allow light fitting to fit flush.
                Total cost about £3[attachment=0:1l6av4wi]image.jpg[/attachment:1l6av4wi]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.