• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Anybody found out the alternative service item part numbers to replace the Volvo parts? ie oil filter etc. None of the alternative listings show Volvo as it seems Volvo will not divulge the technical info even though Perkins make them here.

My interest – the D1-30

I’m not so interested in save a few bob, but what do you do when your in Stornoway paying for a marina and waiting for a Volvo agent to post you one. In this way it can cost £30 or more for an oil filter.

Lesson learnt. There are alternatives to Volvo!

Anonymous

Hi Keith

I canna mine bit I hive copy one’s if I recall a friend bought originals fae Calay marina and then went to partco or some parts outlet in Inverness and got the equivalent that’s probably yer best bet.

Mike
        Artemis

Anonymous

@Artemis wrote:

Hi Keith

I canna mine bit I hive copy one’s if I recall a friend bought originals fae Calay marina and then went to partco or some parts outlet in Inverness and got the equivalent that’s probably yer best bet.

Mike
          Artemis

Whilst in Stornoway, the chandler came up with an alternative but not sure if it is the correct one. If alternative manufacturers dont have the necessary spec and Volvo will not give it, how does somebody else get it?

Apparently in the USA, volvo or anybody else are not allowed to do this by law, but I contacted a USA manufacturer and they did not reply, so its some big secret! In the EU they support non disclosure from people like Volvo! Next step for the EU after cars, is for boat owners to have to give the boat back to the manufacturers for recylcling.

Anonymous

Try In Line Filters (http://www.inlinefilters.co.uk).
            Their advice line is 01579 321351.
            I’ve always found them very helpful and they should be able to give you the alternative part numbers for the filters you need.
            I’ve been buying my filters from them for the last three years for an MD2030 and never had any problems.
            Regards
            Rick

Anonymous

You could also try Keypart. I use them for all my filters, oil, etc. Delivery has always been next day, prices are good, and phone help is good. The Volvo part nos are on their website. Just look up your engine.

Alastair

Anonymous

@Dream Catcher wrote:

You could also try Keypart. I use them for all my filters, oil, etc. Delivery has always been next day, prices are good, and phone help is good. The Volvo part nos are on their website. Just look up your engine.

Alastair

Keypart supply Volvo filters. Why pay £10-12 when we should be paying half that like on most other marine diesels.

Anonymous

Hi Keith,

Keypart do both genuine Volvo and non-Volvo filters (about 25% cheaper). Even the Volvo ones are much cheaper than from my local Volvo dealer.

Alastair

Anonymous

@Dream Catcher wrote:

Hi Keith,

Keypart do both genuine Volvo and non-Volvo filters (about 25% cheaper). Even the Volvo ones are much cheaper than from my local Volvo dealer.

Alastair

Thanks. I’ll enquire. Their website shows Volvo parts.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.