• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My 2006 Bav 30 still has the original antifoul (just about, in places!) which was presumably applied by Opal in Inverkip. I would like to know what product was used in order to choose the new antifoul and the preparation method. Does anyone know what it would have been?

Anonymous

No idea about original product but West Coast Marine at Troon have just done an absolutely super job renewing our anti-foul for a very reasonable hourly rate plus materials at less than I would have had to pay in the chandlers.

It was first new anti-fouling since new so I suspect ours was the same as yours.

Office number for them is 01292 318121 and ask for Neil or Hugh.

Anonymous

Paul
          I have used International Cruiser Uno for the last three seasons with very good results but it is all dependant on which antifoul best suits your boating area as there is a surprising differnce around the uk coast.
          It would be best to ask boat owners where you are now berthed what they find the most effective and hopefully there will be a consensus of opinion as to the best product.
          If you don’t know what was applied before use a primer such as International Primocon before applying the new antifoul, however most of the major antifoul manufacturers provide a suitable primer that will overcoat any old antifoul before using their product.
          Regards
          Richard

Anonymous

Hi Paul,

Best to give Peter Cameron or Craig Berry a call at Kip. They’re both very helpful.

On our Bavaria 31 which we kept at Rhu we used Cruiser Uno. That worked well enough.

We’ve just scraped our new (to us) Bavaria 40 right back (feel the burn!) and intend to use VC Offshore this year. It is used by a lot of people in our area. It is scrubbable and really smooth.

Alastair
            Dream Catcher

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.