• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Does anybody know which International antifouling is best between Uno and Micron, as need to get Storm Dragon antifouled asap as losing serious speed thanks to growth underneath.Or can anybody recomend which antifoul is best in the Solent……Ed Holmes

Anonymous

we’ve got Uno on at the moment – well I think we have, can’t see it due to the long tails of WEED growing on it. Never again!

Anonymous

I use Blakes Tiger Extra. I apply two coats every two years. I have a lift and pressure wash after the first year. It keeps most of the weed growth off and there is only a thin slime which needs to be washed of each year. It works fine for me. I sail mainly in the South. I have heard that antifoul paint may not always react the same way in different waters.

Regards, John
          Loblolly

Anonymous

Ed

I agree with Loblolly. I’ve always used Blake’s Tiger in the Solent and find it very effective, virtually no weed, just slime which comes off easily with a pressure wash.

Ian Culley
            Another Fantasy

Anonymous

without a doubt it has to be Blakes Ocean Performance, a two part antifouling, expensive at £90 per 2.5 but good, failing that look at Copper Coat which Symblast are highly recommended

Anonymous

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies,have used Blakes Tiger Extra, took about 7 litres for 2 coats, whereas with International paints 6 Litres is ample, so guess Blakes might be thicker. For those of you looking for a cheap lift out, try Kingston Marine in Cowes, just south of East Cowes marina. Lift out and scrub off, plus 48hhrs ashore and relaunch £150 incl vat for vessels up to 12mtr, but only till end Sept.
                Does anybody know the best way to remove all the antifouling back to gel coat, as think Storm Dragon could be ready for doing next time she needs antifouling, as looking a bit untidy

Ed Holmes

Storm Dragon Holiday 35

Anonymous

Ed

There’s a firm that operates in the Chichester area called ARC Antifoul Removal, managing director is a chap called Bob Ing. Might be worth giving him a call on 07917 700039 for further information. I haven’t used them personally but have seen them operating in Chichester Marina; they seem very professional and appear to do a good job. Their web address is http://www.arccompany.co.uk.

Ian Culley
                  Another Fantasy

Anonymous

Hi Ed

I had Playtime ‘blasted’ earlier this year. I used a firm called Symblast that came highly recommended. I have written an article for the magazine about it as there a few tips that might be useful to others. Unfortunately, I don’t think the next edition is due out for a couple months. If you are desperate, PM me and I’ll send you a ‘private’ copy.

Rog

Anonymous

Concerning antifoul removal, I am Paul from SYMBLAST.COM and I rather likes Bavarias as I own one myself -a BAVARIA 38. We do our utmost to do a good job and Bavarias actually have better gelcoats than a lot of other so called quality manufacturers such as Halbergs, Niads, Hanse’s etc, we also offer various epoxies for us to apply or discount to yourselves, this includes Copper Coat and we have blasted thousands of boats over the last 13 years and have epoxied and Copper Coated many also, the nice thing as well is that we are mobile.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.