• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

I have just become the proud owner of a 2001 Bavaria 40. In one of the heads, both the handles on the under-sink cabinet door have broken. Does anyone know where these items can be sourced?

There are two handles, made of white plastic. The part on the outside of the white plastic/grp door is flat, semi-circular and fits into a shallow recess when the door handle is closed and locked. To open the door, the semi-circular part lifts up into the vertical position and can then be turned through 90 degrees. This turns the plastic clip at the rear of the door, which releases the clip from the under-sink cabinet moulding.

The above is not a very good description, but if anyone has one, they probably know what I’m trying to describe!

As a temporary fix I can probably take one off the forward heads under-sink door.

Any info and advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alastair

Webmaster
      Participant

Hi
        We have a similar problem and haven’t been able to source replacements.

However . . . when in Haslar recently and in the Mary Mouse ablution cubicles I noticed that an inspection cover on the toilet cistern had a handle similar in shape. The inspection cover was made by Plastimo. I’m trying them next.

Webmaster
        Participant

Hi,

I had an email reply from Colin Merrett at Clipper Marine, who can get these handles. The price is £29.90 plus VAT and Carriage. They don’t keep them in stock but can order them. Colin’s details are below…

Colin Merrett
          Clipper Marine
          Office 023 8060 5063

I suppose this should go on the “Can’t Find It?” forum.

Alastair
          Dream Catcher

Webmaster
          Participant

Hi Electra
            Have you actually managed to get them through Clipper Marine?
            I tried them at the beginning of the year and I’m still waiting for a price!!

Did it by phone rather than email so maybe this is why I haven’t heard anything.

Webmaster
            Participant

Hi,

I haven’t yet ordered them. I’ve taken one of the handles off the forward heads cabinet door and used it in the aft heads as a temporary measure. £30 seemed a bit steep for a plastic handle at the time, as I’d just forked out for the new boat, survey, bigger mooring, launching, etc.

My impression from Colin was that he could get them whenever I wanted them. The only info he needed was my hull number. Price £29.90 plus VAT & Carriage, lead time 3 weeks. Give him a call.

Alastair
              Dream Catcher

Webmaster
              Participant

Thanks Alastair

I’ll give them a call as I haven’t managed to raise anyone at plastimo yet.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.