• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hello bavaria folk,
      have any of you fitted a anchor windlass on a bavaria 30 if so which one and where, also we find her quite light in the wind when moving about in marinas, have any of you bothered with bow thruster, i am sure you will all agree they are a brilliant little boat and we have had ours from new for 4 years now so if anyone has any ideas, suggestions on them please pass them on
      regards
      VJS sailing out of shotley, in suffolk

Anonymous

Hi ive just bought a bavaria 30 with a elec windlass, next time i visit her i will check make etc. what speeds to you get on all points of sail? winter/damp—-summer dry? im also thinking to buy a downwind sail, what do you recommend?

rgds Nornie

Anonymous

Just noticed your post. I have a B30 with the following windlass fitted http://www.seateach.com/details.asp?ProdID=608 (the VS 1000 model). It lifts my 15kg Rocna no problem. It fits under the locker cover with no externally visible parts and no alteration to the locker lid.

Anonymous

@vjs wrote:

hello bavaria folk,
            have any of you fitted a anchor windlass on a bavaria 30 if so which one and where, also we find her quite light in the wind when moving about in marinas, have any of you bothered with bow thruster, i am sure you will all agree they are a brilliant little boat and we have had ours from new for 4 years now so if anyone has any ideas, suggestions on them please pass them on
            regards
            VJS sailing out of shotley, in suffolk

Last season I fitted a Lofrans Royal manual windless .A special mounting plate was made in stainless steel backed with marine ply and it all fits together with Delta anchor in the locker.I have the same problem with our 30 in the marina.She does catch the wind at low speed making manoving difficult in a comfined space.A bow thruster would be useful.

DPW Chichister

Anonymous

Hi, we’ve just fitted an electric windlass to our 30. Its a South Pacific VS1000 and we had it fitted by a company near to our base in brixham. They glassed in a ply shelf so that the anchor locker lid still closed etc and we also bought the option for a remote control (wired) which is well worth the extra £30 or so.

We have also recently bought a crusing chute, literally 4 weeks ago. I have only had the opportunity to try it once in light airs todate but it does make a tremendous difference and is well worth considering. We bought the chute and snuffer from Crusader Sails in Poole ( approx £1000) and it is easy to rig and they are very knowledgeable and friendly. I’m experimenting about how to set up a permanent tack line attachment on the bow as I just used the anchor roller when I set it up for the first time.

I must say I wouldn’t consider a bow thruster as she is so responsive manoeuvring around in our tightly packed marina even in strong cross winds that I dont think its worth the expense or trouble to fit one. My wife always takes the helm when we moor up so that I can control the approach with warps if we do get a little wayward due to the wind or tide, benefit of having a 30 footer I guess. We have a fixed prop fitted.

John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Bavaria 30’ is closed to new topics and replies.