• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I think that Saloma was probably close to the issue.

IF Bavaria were confident that their fittings were of suitable or superior specification I am sure that they would have quickly used the current interest to have publicised this widely as a sales tool. Their silence suggests most likely not!

Achilles notes that connection to stray current from pontoons is dramatic….. I absoloutley agree.

In keeping with the majority it appears that the best way is to check….. then monitor at regular intervals.

Anonymous

This is an old thread but one I’d like to re-call. There also seem to be various other threads which touch on this subject.

The toilet outlet seacock on my 2001 Bavaria 40 has stopped working (actually the handle moves but the ball doesn’t, so something has broken internally).

My choice is whether to replace with the same type of seacock, with DZR, or plastic. It sounds like various people have taken each of these options over the past few years. Is there now a consensus as to which option is best? And which suppliers have been used?

And last but probably by no means least, how easy is it to replace the seacock? I’ve read some threads where the skin fitting has had to be cut off, and another where the seacock and elbow disintegrated. Any advice would be appreciated.

Alastair

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.