• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have a Bavaria 38. We plan to sail up the NE coast of Scotland but most of the harbours dry out. Does the B38 safely dry out along side a harbour wall?
      Thanks
      Tony

Anonymous

Hi Tony

Where about you planning the Moray firth area or South of Aberdeen!

rgds
        Mike
        Artemis

Anonymous

MIke,
          we’re planning to sail from Hartlepool to Inverness before entering the Caledinian Canal. Our concern is that most harbours between Blyth and Peterhead dry out.
          cheers
          Tony

Anonymous

Hi Tony

I would check Berwick upon tweed, Port Edgar marina, Arbroath, Montrose all before Peterhead.
            Then after Peterhead Whitehills marina or Lossiemouth marina these two I personnely know as I use both and both are great.

My yacht is in Lossie now.

Inverness has a new marina also.

rgds
            Mike
            Artemis

Anonymous

thanks but Berwick is not suitable, Port Edgar would add 60 miles to our trip and Arbroath is tricky due to the tidal stream as the ‘lake’ fills and empties with the tide. We really want to know if we can moor alongside a harbour wall in the B38 and remain on the keel safely.
              Tony

Anonymous

Hi Tony

Ok cannot help you there as I’ve a B34 you could contact clipper who are the agents they might help you.

Rgds
                Mike

Anonymous

You should be able to dry out alongside a harbour wall with the usual precautions of checking the nature of the bottom. You might also consider fitting a pair of Yacht Legs if you are going to do it regularly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.