• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Where is the best place around Southampton to have the yacht out for a scrub. If it is taken out on a hoist how do I clean where the straps are?

Anonymous

I used sealift 2 in June. It was really good and without strap marks as the boat is lifted out of the water on a platform.

Find below copy from another user I found on the web. I also paid £80 = VAT for Bav 40.

http://www.sealift2.com/ , – just opened for business in Cowes. Its up past the chain ferry, beside the UKSA and opposite East Cowes Marina.

It’s a superfast way of getting the job done at a great price – £80 + VAT for a lift and scrub off – I paid a bit more, and got the antifouling done at the same time. Had a great chat too with Don, the MD/ Designer – He did the antifoul, while I polished the topsides, so hes a real ‘hands on’ person. Fascinating guy with some very innovative thinking.

Lifted the morning, and out in the afternoon – job done!
        Better still – 20Kts in the morning, 28 in the afternoon!

I have no connection whatsoever with the company – just recognise good technology.

Hope this helps

Regards, John, Loblolly.

Anonymous

Thank you John, sounds just right.
          I will give that a go.
          Regards
          Bill Breezer

Anonymous

I used Sealift 2 last week for an antifoul. Delivered in the morning and collected the next day after two coats applied by the operator. Also had time to check and replace anodes, and drain and fill the saildrive oil. Very helpful and friendly service, and very effiecient. I will use them again, but next time I will do the antifoul myself and save money as they will leave the boat overnight and you can do the whole job yourself for about £150 plus antifoul. Much cheaper than a normal lift out.

Anonymous

We used Sealift last week and it was great.

They lifted us at around 4PM and did a great job washing off. We applied a coat of AF that eve, stayed aboard overnight and did a second coat of AF in the morning. Dropped us back in at midday. Fantastic system run by a very helpful team.

Shower/Toilet supplied. Use of their dinghy to run up to town supplied. Electricity supplied. Help and advice supplied. Tools available if required. Ladders supplied.

All this for £140. (Would have been £80 if we did not stay overnight)

Great system and service and I recommend them to everyone.

Wayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.