• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am very keen to install a chart plotter on the existing original grey panel (or a replacement of the same size) at the binnacle of my 2003 Bavaria 32. All that is there at the moment is the 3 Raymarine Tridata instruments – presumably original – which work fine. I really want to keep these 3 instruments and add a chart plotter. Has anyone done this? I would be very interested in seeing pictures of any successful installations.

Anonymous

I fitted an instrument pod on my B32 and installed a plotter couple of years ago and it works a treat. It is easy to fit and does not clutter the rest of the instrument space as I also fitted an auto helm control on the binnacle. The clips on the pod allow movment so the pod can dip forward and face down to allow the wheel cover to fit over the wheel and instruments. Also change the viewing angle when the sun shines on to the screen.

Anonymous

Thank you. That could be a possibility, especially as there is still some steelwork to grab when moving around at sea.

Ideally I would like to install on the existing binnacle panel, but obviously that leads to constraints.

Anonymous

CaSam’s set up…

[attachment=0:3jnf5xaf]IMG_0300.jpg[/attachment:3jnf5xaf]

Anonymous

[attachment=0:23pd5fg6]WP_20160513_001.jpg[/attachment:23pd5fg6]…..I’ve just seen this post. Attached is picture of the installation on my B32 ‘Another Fantasy’ using Raymarine kit: the autopilot control unit has been replaced with the latest Evolution equipment to be more compatible wwith the E7 chartplotter.

Ian Culley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Bavaria 32’ is closed to new topics and replies.