• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

Out sailing this weekend with CIBSE (chartered institute of building service engineers/facade engineers) Friday night at Gosport, race down from southampton water to portsmouth saturday, dinner in the spinaker tower saturday night.

We won our class but came 4th overall, but it was a first over the line (after handycap) to get in the prizes. Still good fun and Impavidus showed a clean pair of heels, catcing and overtaking boats in the class that set off 5 mins before us.

One of the compeditors made a short video. here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydvDnDraVLk&feature=youtu.be
      Enjoy……..
      Best regards.

Ant.

We did the “Sail the Wight” race (race round the island eastbound).

Did it on a mate’s Van-de-Stadt 34. Chuffing windy with a big chop round the back. Had to tack all the way from Bembridge ledge to the Needles. Took us just over 13hrs to get round.

A long day….

Webmaster
      Participant

Hi Bob.
        Your so right can be long days but fantastic fun.
        You cannot beat a good day out and improving your sailing skills. We are never too old to learn! Importantly some friendly competitive challenges improve our cruising ability, boat handling skills and passage speeds.

I wonder would anyone be interested in some light, friendly, trials. (not out and out racing) in these light summer evenings? Perhaps Fridays in the Solent? Or Portsmouth harbour? £5 entrance fee and winners(s) pick proceeds to charity of choice? It would give new Bavaria owners a chance to get to know their boats and existing owners a chance to show how good their boats are?

It would be great if the regions could do something similar? Scope for a challenge cup winner at the AGM?
        I am sure Clipper would want to be part of a series? Good PR and an article in PBO or sailing today?

Would our power boat members participate acting as marshals and committee boats? Would someone from the power boat members organise a reliability trial (treasure hunt) to run to complement the sailing?

Come on folks! Your chance to participate, organise, have fun.

My company will sponsor some awards, cups, recognition. All you have to do is turn up in a Bavaria!
        What are you waiting for?
        Let me know in this thread………
        Best regards.
        Anthony.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.