• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anyone ever fitted a full cockpit canopy to a Bavaria 36 ?

I would like to have a full canopy to provide extra and useable space while the boat is in port, but as I see it there is probably not enough height below the boom to have something that looks half decent and which also has sufficient headroom so that one can stand upright.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks,
      Bob

Anonymous

Bob

I can’t answer your question directly (we have a 38 Ocean – with a (new) cockpit tent) but can suggest you get in touch with C&J. They do all the original canvas extras for south coast Bavarias and have photos of all their offerings. They will provide a quote and a picture or two by email if asked and you will be able to see what their standard offering looks like.

We have had Playtime for 10 years and only this year have finally got a cockpit tent. It really transforms the comfort (and cleanliness) in the cockpit, especially on the cooler days/evenings – I wish we’d got one years ago!

Roger

Anonymous

Thanks Roger,
          I visited the C&J stand at the Southampton boatshow last year and spoke to their Mr Wayne Strickland. He was very helpful, showed me some pictures of another 36 to which they had fitted a full cockpit canopy. They had an example of their work on show, and following a discussion of my needs they came up with what I felt was a very competetive price. The deal was done and in due course it all arrived. I have not yet had chance to fit it, but a full set of fitting instructions were included. Once the job is done I will take some pictures and post them here on the web site.

Regards
          Bob

Anonymous

Hi
            I have a new B36 (2011 model) and had a full cockpit enclosure fitted including spray hood. The work was done by C&J marine in Chichester to a very high standard, I would highly recommend them.
            Please feel free to message me on here.
            Cheers
            Karl
            Yacht Fisher
            Bavaria 36 – 2011 model

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Bavaria 36’ is closed to new topics and replies.