• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I’m going to replace the manual toilet in our 40 Ocean and am thinking of fitting the larger bowl version (still manual). Has anyone done this before?

The heads compartment is large enough to take the bigger bowl but I assume the fixing bolt holes will need repositioning and I don’t know whether access to the underside of the mounting plinth is good enough to tighten the nuts. I can’t just pop down to the boat to measure it as it’s in France and I’m in Ipswich so any experiences shared would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Roger

Anonymous

You may have already completed your new installation; however, you may find this handy if you haven’t. I have a 40 Ocean with a TMC Large Bowl electric macerator toilet installed. Here’s a link to one supplier that shows a photo of the toilet, https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?item=89670&search123=toilet&intAbsolutePage=1.

The hoses, unfortunately, have to route behind the toilet to the right side which looks a bit amateurish; however, I like the larger bowl and the push-button convenience of the macerator. There is insufficient space to rotate the base to the left side to accommodate the 12v macerator motor. The larger bowl is comfortable for a morning read, but the space between the sink cabinet and the wall makes for contorted arm-wrist-finger control during the end game.

Fair Winds

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.