• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All – Happy New Year!

Just a quick question to see if there are any members located in Haslar Marina in Gosport?
      I’m Looking at relocating CaSam and wondered if anyone had any feedback or hints and tips on the place?
      Favourite berths etc?

Steve

I know that there are a few members there.

I’m round the corner at Campers.

Anonymous

Steve
        Not based there myself but know a few peeps who are and they say you need to be as far up the creek as possible for a good berth otherwise the swell can be a bit lumpy.
        Having overnighted at both Haslar and Premier Gosport I’d say Gosport has the edge since the closed the middle entrance on the wave screen a few years back and the shore side facilities are improving year on year at Gosport. Also fairways and berths are wider at Gosport.
        Also you may save a few hundred quid with Premier if they are still running the refer a friend discount on the first year. I think it used to save £500.
        Cheers
        Rick

I have to say that I’m quite happy with Premier. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities are good.

Anonymous

Thanks all – in fairness I have negotiated a “nice” berth on B potoon which appears to be up river and relatively well protected… you are right about the tight fairways though and manouvering will not be as easy as with MDL. As for discounts the “introductory offer” is appealing – shame there are no rewards to staying rather than going though?

Perhaps a lesson there for all marinas against complacency?

Anonymous

Hi Steve
            We have just signed up for Haslar after viewing all the local options
            Haslar are the best value and offer £500 discount of the first year under refer a friend scheme
            All the staff are very helpful and seem to be very pro active
            The Life boat restaurant and Hardys wine bar look very appealing in the coming summer months too
            Premier Marina were offering 8 weeks ashore included in there contract but this was reflected on the overall cost so in our opinion Haslar was top of our list
            Russ & Lisa

Anonymous

I’ve just agreed a contract with them today!
              Do you know what berth you will be on?
              Looks like we’reset to be neighbours.

Steve & Faith

Anonymous

Hi Steve
                We are on E13 at the moment but may see if we can get closer to A-C in March
                We have booked in for the New members get together at the beginning of april so see you there if not before
                Russ & Lisa

Anonymous

Sounds great, we will be down on B039
                  Hopefully see you when the sun comes out and all of these storms have blown over!

Steve

Anonymous

Looked at Haslar but decided on Port Solent.
                    Very sheltered,good security,easy by road and plenty of facilities.
                    Ok it’s further up the harbour but no heavy wash from passing ships etc
                    Clive
                    WISH

Anonymous

@wished wrote:

no heavy wash from passing ships etc
                      Clive
                      WISH

I know what you mean Clive.

I looked at Port Solent but the stories of 2-3 hour waits for locking in and out in the summer really put me off…. you will have to let us know if they are just stories or not…. similarly the noise from the Sunsail crews when they are ashore.

(not failing to mention that post number 80 has almost caught me out twice on the approach! Lol)

Still as we are neighbours, maybe we can catch up over the summer and grab a sun-downer!

Steve

Anonymous

Steve
                        I’m in Chichester which has 3 times the number of boats and a lock a third the size of Port Solent and don’t have a problem myself, but people do moan about queues in the summer period .
                        In my opinion they are not real sailors because if they were they would be creeping out as soon as the channel had enough depth to get under passage and way before the rush starts.
                        Likewise on a lazy summers evening just anchor up and sneak in after the sun has gone down.
                        Tis easy and makes it all the more enjoyable to miss the rush hour traffic.
                        Cheers
                        Rick

Anonymous

We are in Port Solent and the only problem we have had generally is that all the Sunsail boats seem to charge back together and then mill about outside the lock trying to get onto the outside pontoons.
                          A few choice words have been heard at times.
                          We have been very happy and well sheltered during the storms.
                          Otherwise excellent facilities plus two pubs and several restaurants and easy to get to by car.

Anonymous

@CaSam wrote:

Hopefully see you when the sun comes out and all of these storms have blown over!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Lisa here – we have secured ourselves nicely at Haslar on C33 and have found the staff and boat owners to all be very welcming. Unfortunately, the Berth Holders Party the weekend before last, clashed with the Bembridge rally, so we missed that.

The location of Haslar is fantastic, as we are so close to the Harbour entrance (except when we want to go down the River to Hardway).

Maybe see you on the pontoon 🙂

Anonymous

@Jazzmine wrote:

@CaSam wrote:

Steve

Hi Steve,

Lisa here – we have secured ourselves nicely at Haslar on B33 and have found the staff and boat owners to all be very welcming. Unfortunately, the Berth Holders Party the weekend before last, clashed with the Bembridge rally, so we missed that.

The location of Haslar is fantastic, as we are so close to the Harbour entrance (except when we want to go down the River to Hardway).

Maybe see you on the pontoon 🙂

**Update – we are now on A23 as we was about 0.4m short of water on our original berth!! 🙁

See you soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.