• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The sender unit on our Bav 33 keeps sending a signal to the panal to indicate the tank is 3/4 full at indiscriminate times when the tank is less than half full. This is predominately when the yacht has been heeling thus making the contacts. Does anyone have any experience of taking the sender unit out as there is little or no clearance on the top of the tank?
      We have confirmed that the unit is faulty and have a replacement from Opal.

Anonymous

Yes, I have a Bav 30, now one year old and it has the same problem. The 3/4 holding tank level indicator is flashing continuously, despite the fact that the tank is empty. Interested to hear from anybody who also has this (non) problem

Anonymous

Other way round with me – On my Bav 30, the panel indicated 0% full, yet I knew it was at least 1/2 full. I gave the side oh the tank a tap, and suddenly the alrm went of saying 3/4.

Since then though, seems to be behaving itself.

Anonymous

@aurora wrote:

The sender unit on our Bav 33 keeps sending a signal to the panal to indicate the tank is 3/4 full at indiscriminate times when the tank is less than half full. This is predominately when the yacht has been heeling thus making the contacts. Does anyone have any experience of taking the sender unit out as there is little or no clearance on the top of the tank?
            We have confirmed that the unit is faulty and have a replacement from Opal.

Aurora, The sender on my four year old 36 did the same and had to replace it. It is very difficult to extract as the float arm looks to big to come through the opening but keep trying and in a certain position it will work thorough. Remember which way it came out as the float has to end up in the deep end of the tank.

Keith Wave Dancer.

Anonymous

We had this problem on our year old B46 but it was eventually solved by taking the device out, cleaning it and resealing around the electrodes which were allowing the liquid to penetrate and short circuit to switch on the indicator light.

Anonymous

I have the same problem on my B37 (2006). The sender is a simple sensor with two rods and detects a drop in resistance when they are in salt water (or similar!!).

I took the unit out, cleaned it and it seemed fine, but now it stays on flashing for a while after the tank has been emptied, hence I suspect the same problem as Silverado. I’ll take it out and reseal around the top of the eletrodes and see what happens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.