• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It’s been a couple of years since we were at Holy Loch Marina and on our last visit it was essentially still just a couple of pontoons down either side of the old pier.

Prior to our trip up last weekend I phoned to make sure I could book space on the outer edge of the pontoon where there used to be just enough depth for our 1.95m draught. (Last visit was in a Jeanneau 451 which grounded at low tide.)

First indication of big improvements was their website: http://www.holylochmarina.co.uk/ which admittedly shows the plan of the marina as it will be when it is completely finished rather than exactly as it is at the moment.

Second sign was the wonderfully chatty and welcoming Alison who answered the phone and positively enthused about the improvements whilst reassuring me they were dredged throughout to 3m. (When we got there she backed this up with a complete description of all the local amenities, bus routes, places to go and things to see – brilliant!)

On arrival we could see that the new marina – even half finished – more than lived up to this hype. And the setting is unbeatable:

If anyone fancie a BOA (Scotland) Rally there next season I am sure they would be more than happy to accomodate us…

Anonymous

Hi David,

I think the idea is great. You have now made me wish I was sailing up there this weekend instead of going down to London.

Simon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.