• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Does anyone know the official colour of Bavaria hulls and decks? I am doing gel coat hairline crack repairs and the supplier of the repair material offers several shades of white.

Anonymous

I would say more importantly to sample it as the colour will have probably faded with age / UV anyway unless you are considering a total rub down or repaint?

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0QasOglqLq8C&lpg=PT25&ots=v0UPV0Km1r&dq=does%20glass%20reinforced%20plastic%20fade%20with%20age&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q=does%20glass%20reinforced%20plastic%20fade%20with%20age&f=false

My boat had some hairline cracks done when it was quite new (people who commissioned it didn’t do the shroud plate struts up tight enough and got cracks around the shroud bases). It looked perfect when done, but the repaired bits are now visibly more yellow than the rest of the boat. So even if it looks right initially, it is likely to fade/yellow at a different rate to the original.

I seem to remember some stuff marketed in the USA specifically for hairline cracks. I remember that it wasn’t cheap, but apparently did a good job and was easy to use (brush into the crack, wipe off excess, polish when dry).

Can’t remember the name, but might be worth a look.

Just found it. It’s Australian and called MAGIC EZY http://www.magicezy.com/products/hairline-fix/

Anonymous

I have already purchased the Australian hairline-fix in colour snow white as my first guess. I will report later if this was the correct choice.
          I still wonder what the official Bavaria colour is e.g.RAL number or similar

Anonymous

Force 4 do fix for hairline cracks in various colours for about £19.
            Not tried it yet but intend to soon as weather warms up

@costaron wrote:

I have already purchased the Australian hairline-fix in colour snow white as my first guess. I will report later if this was the correct choice.
            I still wonder what the official Bavaria colour is e.g.RAL number or similar

Can you let me know what you think of it. I’d be very interested in your views on it.

@wished wrote:

Force 4 do fix for hairline cracks in various colours for about £19.
            Not tried it yet but intend to soon as weather warms up

Yup, that’s the Aussie stuff. Didn’t realise you could get it in the UK now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.