• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just getting ready to replace the original bulbs with LED. Some posts in 2009 give good advice and recommend a company called Ultraleds. I am not sure which to order and the guy from Ultraleds was not particularly helpful on the phone. Does anyone have a specific part number and an alternative supplier?
      Incidentally there are some similar ones advertised on Ebay for a tenth the price of Ultraleds if you don’t mind waiting for them to come from Hong Kong, anybody given those a try?
      Cheers
      Derek (Jalani)

Anonymous

Hi Dec,

I have just replaced mine with these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warm-White-G4-21-LED-Spotlight-Spot-Light-Bulbs-Lamp-/330445289641?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&hash=item4cf012f8a9 Just had to shorten the two leads tight fit but they fit and you can get the glass back in :D. Best of all they were only £1.55 free delivery :lol:.

Mick
        (The Other Woman)

Anonymous

Thanks Mick

Ordered!

Derek

Anonymous

I’ve just started to replace the interior lights on my Bav 36 with LEDs also obtained from Hong Kong through Ebay, and have been very satisfied with them. A little fiddly to install, but they give almost as much light as a 10 watt halogen bulb and none of the heat that those bulbs give off.
            The heat was a safety issue that I had as the mattresses are stood up on edge when the boat is idle and where the edges of the mattresses in the forward cabin would then be in close proximity to the cabin lights. At some time before I bought Crystal, a light had been left switched on inadvertantly. This had burned one of the mattress covers, but was found before serious fire might have occurred.
            On buying the boat I decided to change the halogen bulbs for something that did not get so hot, and LEDs were the ideal replacement. Longer lasting, cold running and only 1.5 watts consumption each instead of 10 watts made them a clear winner. Highly recommended !!

Anonymous

I fitted Hong Kong LEDs to my Bavaria 30, I ordered 12 but I can’t get them to work on 4 of my lights, something to do with the connection on the lights themselves. I’m still working on that!

I have just had a battery monotor fitted so I am watching my consumption like watching a soap opera! The reduced consumption from the LEDs as compared to the stock ones is amazing.
              Boat is now lit up like Piccadilly Circus!
              Cheers
              Derek

Anonymous

Hi Derek,

If the lights are not working they have the wrong polarity at the light. All you have to do is take the metal case off and swop the wires over. Don’t forget to turn the master switch off then there are no shorts.

Good Luck
                Mick

Anonymous

Hi, I really like the idea of these LED lights. Can anyone point me to where and what ones I need for my B36. Many Thanks

Anonymous

you can G4 LED replacements on Ebay from gzled .go straight in no probs but are polarity sensitive so if not working simply turn over ( they are the cylindrical shape ones )
                    Clive
                    Wish

Anonymous

Which ones did you buy, the 9 LED or 18 LED type?

Anonymous

Try http://www.boatlamps.co.uk/ I brought duel ones switch on goes red, Switch off and on again goes White

Anonymous

A very useful thread: thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.