• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, I want to put a Rocna 20kg anchor on my Bavaria 36, 2002 vintage, does anyone know if it will fit as is or the bow roller area might need adapting?
      Alternatively if someone has such an anchor in Brighton marina, I’d be interested to take a look at it in the flesh.
      Many thanks
      Anthony Appleyard of Rhapsody.

Don’t know anything about them myself, but I know that there’s been a healthy debate about them on the YBW forum (some problems with shanks bending I think). I’d recommend a read before you buy.

I have a delta, and find it really good in pretty-much everything, and it’s held fine in over 50kts in sand (English Harbour when hurricane Tomas came through).

Anonymous

As I hated the stock “fake” CQR, I went through several anchors a few years ago on my B31 Cruiser (2009)…

My first choice was a 20kg Rocna, and it did fit so hopefully would on yours too, but the problem was deploying the Selden bowsprit I have (I was hoping I could extend it through the loop, but no go). If you have a sprit then a Rocna or Delta might not work. If you don’t then both will hopefully fit, but it’s really hard to tell until you get one (and return it, and get another, and retun it…).

I ended up going with a Lewmar Claw (Bruce style). Works well for the bottoms out here in western Canada.

Hope this info is helpful. Good luck.

Riyad
        s/v “Battuta”, 2009 B31
        Vancouver, Canada

Anonymous

@Battuta wrote:

As I hated the stock “fake” CQR, I went through several anchors a few years ago on my B31 Cruiser (2009)…

My first choice was a 20kg Rocna, and it did fit so hopefully would on yours too, but the problem was deploying the Selden bowsprit I have (I was hoping I could extend it through the loop, but no go). If you have a sprit then a Rocna or Delta might not work. If you don’t then both will hopefully fit, but it’s really hard to tell until you get one (and return it, and get another, and retun it…).

I ended up going with a Lewmar Claw (Bruce style). Works well for the bottoms out here in western Canada.

Hope this info is helpful. Good luck.

Riyad
          s/v “Battuta”, 2009 B31
          Vancouver, Canada

Totaly agree with the Delta and the bowsprit issue… I love the Delta as it has never let me down but since the ‘sprit I have been looking for an alternative…. or do I just take the delta off when not in use? (trouble is it does not fir in the anchor locker!)

Keen to hear how people feel that the claw works in comparison though, similarly what size claw? I have the 16KG Delta vs the recommended 10KG on a 2011 32.
          Steve

Anonymous

The claw I put on was 20kg. Bigger than Lewmar suggests for a 32 foot LWL, but several sources advise going bigger with this style.

So far (3 seasons) sets well and fast and never dragged, but the most wind I’ve been in has been about 25 knots.

Anonymous

Hi All, i bought this year a Manson Supreme 16kg for my 2002 bav 37, 11.4m, so same as bav36. over Easter w/e we used it for the first time in Studland Bay. The wind was north/east

through to east 20knts gusting to upper 20s on the Sunday. The bay is not recommended in eastly as exposed a bit and can be quite choppy. This was then a good test to holding power etc.

The anchor set immediately and on full power later dug in well . There we stayed for two days 48hrs plus.

fantastic anchor, i can now sleep again! Having dragged the CQR a few times.

Looks just like the Ronca apart from the additional anchor tripping slot. (and fits straight into the anchor locker).

rgds Ray

Anonymous

Hi Guys

I have CQR on my B34 and was thinking of changing. Has anyone used the spade anchor and if so what is the results!!

rgds
                Mike
                Artemis

Anonymous

Spade anchor on Bav 36. Brilliant!

Anonymous

Hi there What size did you was it the 15kg S80 you installed!

Rgds
                    Mike
                    Artemis

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.