• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi

I have entered into the RTIR and want to know how to register for the BOA RTIR ISC trophy (not that I’ve got a chance of winning!!!) Can anyone let me know how to do this?

Cheers

Chris (Firefly GBR 2017L)

Anonymous

Chris – please contact the commodore to register.

Anonymous

We are entered but sadly Bavarialess for the weekend as we are flying down and chartering a Mystic 60 called L’isme.

Start time of 0810 in the ISC4A class, she is cutter-rigged with a dark blue hull.

We would be really grateful if anyone spots us and gets some decent photographs. Obviously we will snap away at any Bavarias we see out there.

Regards,

David & Fiona

P.S. we will be at the Foley Inn for dinner on Friday night and berthed at East Cowes Friday and Saturday.

Anonymous

Well done to all who completed RIR.

We had a miserable time on the run down to St. Cat’s with no asymmetric and the wrong choice of genoa. We were also hampered by a main like an old pair of baggy knickers with the vertical battens still not back from re-sizing so effectively sailing with a reef because we lost at least 20% sail area. By the time we got to Bembridge we were at the back of the fleet but then got lucky by heading on the Northerly route into the Solent and got the benefit of better wind and a real nice setup with the staysail doing its job for us (Lisme is cutter rigged) so made back at least 150 places (average gain of 30 mins on the sail numbers we photographed off Ryde).

We also took a gamble with following the fleet inside the fort at Ryde because we were on a rising tide by the time we came by. We had a heart-stopping moment when the boat in front of us stopped suddenly and kicked up a bunch of muddy water as it staggered forward and broke free of the shallows but we were micro-navigating by that time so confident we could get our 2.8 metre draft through (especially as the boat in front had found the 1.8 spot-depth I was worried about and we were then able to miss it!)

Just to give the crew a flavour for the weight on my shoulders at that point, we had everyone sitting down and holding onto something just in case I had got it wrong. Any suggestion that we had been in safe water for more than 5 minutes before we let them relax is entirely true 

We still performed much worse than last year though so obviously we will have to enter in 2010 to salvage our honour! If anyone wants willing crew for a Bavaria entry let us know – 1 x navigator and 1 x cook available – will work for beer, cider, wine, spirits or just damn good company!

We managed to get pics of:

JAY MIST IV, DESTINATION ANYWHERE, ADVENTURA, NEMO, ADVENTURA 2, AQUARIUS OF COWES, FAZE 3, AURORA OF ENGLAND, SELKIE, TARSUS, CASSIOPEIA, ALEXIRBLUE & BRISBANE STAR.

Hopefully this link to my facebook album works:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=491155&id=1058873422&l=62c44d00b2

Could someone post yay or nay please…

Quality not fantastic but all good enough for me to get the boatname or sail number. We take “good memories” photos rather than gallery photos but some of them still look okay. Feel free to right-click and save as. Or if anyone wants the original emailed, pm us here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.