• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

We have recently bought a 2006 B39, which has been little used. The rope clutches are very stiff and really unusable. I’ve stripped and cleaned them (very easy), and found that some of the piston rod/ spring assemblies are bent – they control the top jaw. I’ve straighten them and reassembled, which has improved things, but they’re still very ‘clunky’ to use.
      Has anyone had a similar problem?

Anonymous

I had the same problem and found that a little spray with silicone on the mechanisms
        worked wonders. Take care, however, not get silicone on the lines or gripper jaws

Ron Sykes
        Estepona Spain

Anonymous

Thanks- i ‘serviced’ mine, which helped but didn’t make a huge difference.
          I’ve now got used to them & have to say they’re still ‘clunky’ but don’t slip at all, which is better than many i’ve come across.

Anonymous

The UK dealer for Rutgerson equipment should you need to renew is MARINAC SCOTLAND LIMITED Telephone 0141 882 7511 email sales@marinac.co.uk.

Anonymous

@Crystal wrote:

The UK dealer for Rutgerson equipment should you need to renew is MARINAC SCOTLAND LIMITED Telephone 0141 882 7511 email sales@marinac.co.uk.

Be prepared for a VERY long wait though….. not the best service by any stretch of the imagination, I can speak with experience…… not a happy sailor and STILL waiting despite promises more than six weeks ago for parts.

Anonymous

My understanding is that Marinac are the importing agent of Rutgerson fittings and then distribute out to the swindleries. A quick search showed that Marine Superstore and Marine Megastore both stock Rutgerson blocks and clutches.
                Or if you need Rutgerson bits, including spares visit their online shope at
                http://www.rutgerson-shop.com/e/rutgerson-marine-shop.asp
                where they gaurantee European delivery in 5 to 8 days.
                Also if you need spare parts, springs etc that are not listed on the website give them a call direct on +46(0) 303 20 66 50.
                Be warned though their on line shop is not cheap.
                Alternatively if you are thinking of fitting additional clutches forget Rutgerson altogether and just fit Spinlock XA or XAS clutches alongside. They look pretty similar, have the same fixing centers so are interchangeable with the Rutgersons and work a lot better.
                Cheers
                Rick

Anonymous

@CaSam wrote:

@Crystal wrote:

Be prepared for a VERY long wait though….. not the best service by any stretch of the imagination, I can speak with experience…… not a happy sailor and STILL waiting despite promises more than six weeks ago for parts.

Part arrived today AT LAST!
                  …Got home from work today and Sam, my daughter said “Dad there is a parcel for you… but it sounds like it is broken!”

Opened it up, and all is OK. (phew!)
                  Happy to have it… but could have replaced the other three deck fittings with Spinlock or Bartons for nearly the same cost as this one!

Is there a better solution to be gained through the BOA?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.