• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

We are looking at fitting a second headsail to our B37(2006) before setting off on some extended cruising.

The options seem to be….

A removable inner forestay from the second spreaders – but where to find/create a strong point on the foredeck and the possible need for runners? Then fit a smaller staysail with storm jib capability and a larger genoa/gennaker on the existing Furlex.

Fitting an extended anchor roller/bowsprit to allow a rope furler/gennaker to be fitted up to the masthead. Then replace the original genoa (which seesm poorly cut) with a triradial 100% jib for upwind work. Would probably need a bobstay as well to secure the bowsprit.

Fit a second close coupled foil. In Morlaix last year we saw a B37 with a second one close coupled about a foot behind the forestay.

We already use an asymmetric kite tacked down to the bottom of the forestay or flown from the spinnaker pole.

Has anyone experience of this on a B37 or other Bavaria. We are based in Poole, but would happily travel on the south coast to look/discuss any solutions.

Thanks in anticipation.
      Dave and Suzanne

Anonymous

You might haved a look at the anchor roller fitting. I replaced one of the coach bolts with an eyebolt an my B37 (2002) and from that I fly a multi purpose genoa – this has a kevlar luff rope and seems to work rather well. The limiting wind speed is about 15 knots upwind but it is a lot bigger than the standard genoa. I can fly the standard genoe & the MPG for downwind sailing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.