• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster
    Participant

Saloma is based in Liverpool and we also have a mooring at Menai Straits. We cruised Southern ireland in 2006 and Scotland in 2007. This year we are heading South mid May for approx 5/6 weeks. Having never cruised this area before any suggestions would be appreciated, particularly where we can use our anchor or moorings to keep the marina bills down. We have the deep keel so need 2 metres. Any help would be appreciated and we can reciprocate to any boats sailing North.

Webmaster
      Participant

Do you have an itinerary? That will help in giving you advice on suitable anchorage areas, as there are lots on the south coast!!

Ian Culley, Commodore.

Webmaster
        Participant

Hi Ian,

We do not have an itinery yet as i was hoping to gather information from other members first.
          We will be sailing from Liverpool, to our mooring on the Menia straits and then, weather permitting down to Padstow. We would like to cruise the area as far as Poole, spending as much time as possible near to Dartmouth. My wife used to holiday at Start Bay and this cruise is for her to revisit the area she enjoyed as a child.
          We plan to visit Southern Ireland during the trip if weather conditions make this a better option than the long sail to Padstow. Milford haven looks like another possibility. I am hopefull that some of the members will be able to supply local knowledge for the area from padstow to Poole. My main concern is how busy the South Coast is and the problems we may experience finding a marina berth or safe anchorage during may and June. Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.