• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #6251

      Although I didn’t go to St Vaast with the BOA (I went with the dark side this year) It was nice to meet up with several of you. The warm welcoming waves as we entered the harbour was a great arrival, and it was reassuring that we weren’t totally blackballed!!

      Well done to Fred who made the crossing at the third attempt. The organisation of a Rally which arrives at its intended destination must be much easier than having to find alternative venues in home waters and restaurants at the last minute, and is clearly more satisfying.

      John and Co. on Lazy Pelican, hope you managed with the oysters OK and enjoyed the fruits of your labour.

      I would like to give particular mention to Graham and crew on Sarah Jane for leading the fleet out of the harbour at midnight and through the numerous lobstaer pot buoys, which fortunately in France are far better marked than in home waters. It gave us a good start to what was not the best of crossings, with the wind from the North, thunderstorms and strong winds to near 30kts 3/4 of the way across.

      Also good luck to Fred and Yvonne (Tortolla Dawn) at the start of their exciting cruising experience over the next 6 weeks. We wish them well and a safe journey and look forward to hearing of their experiences.

      Look forward to seeing you all again.

      Mike & Cathy


        Many thanks to Richard and Jane (Choupette) for organising a terrific week-end. Our crew were on their first channel crossing and enjoyed the whole experience.
        We did survive Oysters and Mussels, just prior to our midnight departure in company with Sarah-Jane and Kamara – many thanks to Graham and crew on Sarah-Jane for leading us thro the lobster pots and general good advice. It was really comforting to hear a reasuring voice on the radio.
        Heading for Poole we probably had a better sail than those Gosport bound. We sailed until hit by a force 7 thunder storm which lasted about an hour, 2/3 rds of the way across. The wind then backed and we motor sailed the rest of the way in glorious sunshine.

      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.