Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I intend to fit an electric anchor windlass to my Bavaria 30. Anyone have a type that they can recommend? I would prefer to site it in the anchor locker, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

Anonymous

Hi,

I fitted a Quick windlass to my 38 two years ago and it works fine looks similar to the Lewmar pro700 I think it was an 800w motor. it is in the anchor locker and easy to fit by removing the trim panels in the forecabin which gives you access. The decission is either to fit a battery for it under the front bunk or run heavy cable from your existing battery. Check for height as I should have fitted a base plate to raise it up 15mm so the chain run clear to the bow roller.

Things to ballance are if you fit a new battery you will also have to run charging cable from the engine and any charger you have. If you run cable you don’t. My friend run cable and on ballance that is what I would do next time, easier and less expensive. Ernest Doe the agricultural dealer is a good place to get this.

Hope this helps, Keith & Carole, Wave Dancer.

Anonymous

Thanks for the information. It would appear that there is no suitable shelf inside the anchor locker on which to mount the windlass. I am told one has to be built so increasing the cost. The other option is to mount it on the foredeck but there’s not a lot of room.
          I have always known life is rarely simple but this is always magnified where boats are concerned!
          Cheers

Derek

Paul Craig
          Participant

Derek

Hi. Did you ever install a windlass, as I intend to try to do so. Had some discussion about a shelf etc. with a local company. Not very much room in the locker and cable runs are not simple. I have a Bavaria 30 2005. A picture or any advice would be great Or if anyone else has one fitted …..

I have a lot of chain as I mainly sail West Coast Scotland

Cheers

Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.