Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul G
    Participant

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the drop down transom for a Bavaria C51 built in 2016, i assume the same system is used in other Bavaria’s. The transom is operated by a Lewmar CRW 400. When next to the CRW400 and i press the up / down button i can hear the system make a fairly high pitch buzz for a second or two, then it goes quiet.

I seem to have voltage on the connections i can get to, maybe there is corroded wire so no current….not sure as can’t see any corrosion.

I suppose i should explain, the last time i lowered the transom was at the end of last season and it worked fine. Now its stuck in its closed position.

If anyone has a wiring diagram or advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul

JohnDisney
      Participant

There is an excellent instruction video on You Tube on winch solenoid issues. Your description suggests the solenoid is sticking. Go to You Tube WINCH MAX REMOTE PROGRAMMING. Exactly the same process and systems as Lewmaras used by commercial trucks. Also check the replacement price befor buying from Lewmar, I wanted a remote control for my anchor winch Lewmar £145 Winch max £35 exactly the same system.

I hope this helps

Pax B32

Paul G
        Participant

Hello Pax B32

Thanks for the prompt reply, and for your help. I will check out the video, I dont have a remote control however, on the boat the switch is hard wired.

Kind regards

Paul

JohnDisney
          Participant

You might not have a remote but the solenoid is the same, the video shows how it operates and what the problems are, and how to repair the operation. The remote is just a piggyback on the manual switch.

Paul G
            Participant

Thanks very much for explaining. Your help is very kind and greatly appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.