• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

just had the thermostat replaced again 2 months old 3rd thermostat this ond died or should i say the fan in the unit kept running but no cold air coming out was told by local fridge man if its a waco fridge they have stopped fitting this unit to boats as it has a problem (gossip) peters replaced very quickly pity they dont do the rest of the snagging so fast the list seams endless but is small otherwise very happy boat is fast but heavy on the stearing 7.4 knots 15knts wind love it at last overtaking other yachts in light winds.did read the article in sailing mag that called the 37 on its test sail a transit van he couldnt have been in a new transit van lately because this one flys.
      john and angela

Anonymous

I have owned a 2007 37 cruiser now for just over 2 years and have just completed a 2,250 mile trip. Its a well built boat with the usual problems of a modern plastic fat boat. Sails well in all conditions except when it gets very rough when you get thrown about a bit but thats the same with all its competitors. I take the main down when running in any sea as it can be unmanageable, again like all similar wide stern boats. The 28HP engine is fine although the extra HP of a bigger engine is always useful. My Volvo D1-30 28HP revs to 2,900rpm (3,200 design max) with the standard 2 blade aluminium prop. I’m told you can run them all day at 200 rpm less than the maximum but use the maximum if you have to.

The big difference is that the Bavaria 37 cruiser is A rated ie good for a minimum force 8 and its competitors are B which is minimum force 7. The Bavaria is also substantially heavier than the French competition which should mean stronger.

I also found it interesting that the ballast ratio on the deep fin 37 is better than stated. They state a keel weight of 2,000 kg. Its actually 2,130 kg. on the drawing I got to help me make a stand. Could it be that they did this so that they could fit it on the 38 and say it has a 2,100kg keel ?? Using the sales brochure data, they state 6,900kg unladen with 2,000kg keel giving a ballast ratio of 29%. With the 2,130kg keel the ballast ratio is nearer 31%. Not much difference but every bit counts! I fill the bilge cavities with tinned food which helps to keep the topweight down.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • The forum ‘Bavaria 37’ is closed to new topics and replies.