• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anybody else had trouble with their bow & masthead light? Recently and fortunately within my warranty period I lost these lights whilst in the Thames Estuary shipping lanes.

The fault was the complex electronic control panel which Bavaria replaced. What was interesting was that when I compared the wiring diagram on the back of the panel with the instruction book back panel diagram there were 2 extra fuses. When I checked the circuits they went to the bow and masthead lights ! It would appear to me that Bavaria/Wurth have had a problem with these lights and fitted a fuse to alleviate the problem – but it didn’t work!

I now need to know if this is going to be a reoccuring problem. Anybody else had this or repeated problems?

Lesson learnt – dont buy a boat with electronic panels that control everything.

Anonymous

We did have light problems (I am the one who had to go up mast to change bulb) but I believe it was bulbs blowing due to high charging voltage when plugged into mains. I also know that our fuse board was changed. Will ask husband to add further details when he is back.

Regards Jane

Anonymous

achillies

I have the same boat, same year and the panel was changed under warranty. I haven’t had mast light problems but have blown two bow NAV light bulbs without even having used them. You’ve got me wondering now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.