• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Dear all,

Has anyone made a hatch to get into the area under the forward double berth to save having to move the cushions each time?

Keith & Carole Wave Dancer.

Anonymous

not yet – it’s on my list of things to do this winter – I hate unmaking the bed to clear the log ….

btw – as it is dark inside there I’ve got one of those sticky back plastic LED lights that push on/off to put on the side – so I’ve got a perm light down there with no wires so I can see when I’m in there cleaning the log …

Anonymous

Hi Keith and Carol,
          I fitted just such a hatch a few weeks ago since I was fed up with unmaking the bed to remove the log. I fitted a white plastic circular locker hatch (screw fit) after cutting through the bulkhead with a jig-saw. The hatch matches the one that provides access to the engine impeller on my Bavaria 33, but is a bit larger (maybe 12″ at a guess). Just enough light enters to see what I am doing, but a light would be useful.
          Best regards,
          Michael
          (Vela)

PS/ I never have to clean the log since I remove it every time I leave the boat.

Anonymous

I did wonder about removing the log each time we leave the boat – but then I’m clearing up twice … as it doesn’t take long to clean the log its easier to bail out the bilge just once per trip!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.