• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All. Anybody recommend a snubber for use whilst on a swinging mooring, yachts a Bavaria 37. plus any hints on best way of doing it.

thanks Ray

Anonymous

I saw these at the boat show a couple of years ago, they looked good but I have never tried one.
        My concern would be their longevity if left on a permanent swing though.

http://www.shockles.com/products/anchorsnubber.cfm

Steve

Anonymous

Hi Steve, thanks for the info, thats just the ticket. I bought a rubber warp snubber this week end and tied it to a warp fixed to the buoy and yacht cleat. Not expecting it to last that long, but i shall be investigating these others over the next few weeks.

rgds Ray

Anonymous

Ray, let us know how it works.
            I use the rubber snubbers on all of my potoon dock lines and they are great… be interesting to see how they hold up on the bower!

Steve

Anonymous

So far so good, rubber snubber takes all surge from mooring buoy, no chain noise at all, slept on the yacht many nights without the chain clunking.

rgds Ray

Anonymous

Hi All, good news the rubber snubber has been attached for a few weeks now, with winds around 35-40knt gusts and seems to be as new! So lets see what UV can do to it? i know its early days, but if it last a season i will be very pleased.

rgd Ray

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.