• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi.
      Can anyone confirm (or otherwise) that the antisyphon valve on 2002 boats are made by Vetus.
      There are no markings visible to help me on this.

John

Anonymous

Sorry it has taken so long for you to get a reply. We have a Bav36 (2002) and the anti-syphon valve is the standard Volvo one. The other thing to note is that it does not work properly and we have a plastic bottle attached to the end of the plastic pipe to catch the water.
        My thinking is, why attach an overflow pipe going into the bilges unless Volvo expected it to leak?

Anonymous

I had a 2000 B31 and now have a 2006 B33. Both had Volvo anti-siphon valves. The one on the B31 leaked all the time and I also led the tube into a plastic bottle. My current one didn’t leak at all so this was presumably rectified in later versions. However, it has metal tube fittings into a plastic casing and I was advised that these corrode in time leading to a potentially catastrophic situation with sea water pouring into the engine compartment. I have therefore replaced the Volvo component with a Vetus valve unit which is all plastic.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.