Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PaulandCarolPlatts
    Participant

On my B40 2010 my bathing platform has developed a problem. It is now heavy to pull up and is not well supported as it is lowered. The porblem seems to be with the spring assemblies integral with the hinges. I understand the bathing platform will need to be removed to be able to replace the springs. Does anyone know of a source for these spring assemblies?

Anonymous

Is yours the full width tail gate model(later) or the narrow width (earlier) model? There were two made that year.

Regards Ant

PaulandCarolPlatts
        Participant

Yes mine is the full width platform. I think I have found a company -SVB in Germany who should be able to supply the struts. I am just waiting to hear from them but of course if you have any information that would be helpful.

Thanks

Anonymous

We have the same they look like they are gas struts but we could be wrong. Let us know how you get on.

Ant.

PaulandCarolPlatts
            Participant

Yes they are gas struts. I look like I will have to buy them from Clipper so I will wait till we come out of the water – probably in April to change them. This might keep the cost down a bit. I was quoted 2 men for about 1 1/2 days to change them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.