• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi
      Can anyone please confirm (or otherwise) that the screws holding the guardrail stanchions have captive nuts underneath the deck?
      Also the pulpit securing bolts – same question.?

Regards
      John

No idea about the 34, but on mine they’re all self-drilling, self-tapping screws (aka complete rubbish).

Anonymous

My 2002 B32 has through-bolted stanchions, with difficult-to-get-at nuts inside the lockers. Pretty robust though…

Ian Culley
        Another Fantasy

Anonymous

@another fantasy wrote:

My 2002 B32 has through-bolted stanchions, with difficult-to-get-at nuts inside the lockers. Pretty robust though…

Ian Culley
          Another Fantasy

Hi Ian. Do I gather correctly that the nuts were not captive in addition to being awkward to get to?

John

Anonymous

John

No, they’re not captive, just awkward to get at. You’ll need either a box spanner or a socket with a universal joint adapter to get at them (8 0r 10mm, can’t remember which!). Once you’ve got them loosened a bit then mine came completely free by finger pressure. The tricky bit is avoiding dropping the nut and associated penny washer down behind the wood trim at the back of the locker…..

Have fun

Ian C

Anonymous

Thanks Ian maybe we will be able to loosen them sufficientlt to get sealant underneath without having to remove the nuts – he says hopefully!!

regards

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.