• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi there

I was wandering if anybody else has experinced water leaking in from the rubber sleeve at the rudder on a bavaria 34 year 2001 what what they did to resolve the problem ?

Rgds
      Michael (Artemis)

Anonymous

I had a simlilar problem on my 2000 B36. The leak wasn’t that bad but it coincided with a rudder bearing issue so when I had her lifeted out for antifouling, I replaced the bearings and the splash seal.

If you just want to replace the splash seal then the rudder will have to be dropped.

Hope that helsp

Regards

Jim

Anonymous

Thanks Jim

Its the splash seal I was going to try and replace without removing the rudder by cutting the ring and then glueing it back together and hope it will be ok for the rest of the seson till I lift her out.

rgds
          Michael
          (Artemis)

Anonymous

Hi Michael,

The splash seal is a coil of wire covered in rubber, so cutting it and reglueing it may not work. I covered the seal and the black rubber hose with vaseline until I lifted Avalon out and it almost cured the problem but as I said in an earlier post I only had a slight leak.

Good luck

Regards

Jim

Anonymous

Ok Jim I will try something along that line’s when I get back home in a month’s time thanks for your help.

Rgds
              Michael
              (Artemis)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.