• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The Hatch Sliders on my 2000 Bavaria 47 have been cracked by over-tightening the screws, and last week one of the sections fell out. They are some sort of rigid plastic, 15mm wide by 6mm deep – see attachment. Bavaria no longer stock these, so any suggestions?

Anonymous

I believe the replacement is now stainless steel rails. Have you tried Clipper?

There’s also a thread in the PBO Forum with a similar posting (maybe yours?). There are several suggestions for replacements there.

Anonymous

@playtime wrote:

I believe the replacement is now stainless steel rails. Have you tried Clipper?

There’s also a thread in the PBO Forum with a similar posting (maybe yours?). There are several suggestions for replacements there.

Yes, that is my question on PBO, and no real surprise there are more answers there.

What would be nice is a Bavaria forum with more activity …

Anonymous

I had the same problem! When I removed the hatch garage to fit a liferaft cradle to it, I found that there were two screws missing from the hatch sliders, and also it was broken in two places due to over tightening of the screws. The slider is too narrow, and has insufficient ‘meat’ either side of the screw holes. If you tighten the screws too much, the edge splits. Later models (even 2003 vintage) have s/s sliders, which of course do not fail. One solution would be to fit wider sliders, or replace the nylon ones with stainless.

Michael.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘I can’t find it :-(’ is closed to new topics and replies.