• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Silly question my impeller has an arrow on it for direction either forward or to rear?. trouble is does this face forward or to stern?( one face of blades is curved, other is flat.) Reason my boat speed doesn’t work very often!! 😐 😐

Anonymous

….arrow faces forward. There is a notch (or there should be!!) in the top face of the impeller mounting tube which locates in a corresponding lug on the edge of the impeller assembly, this should ensure that the impeller is located in the right position. Be careful not to overtighten the locking ring when you put it back together: no more than hand tight.

Good luck

Ian Culley
        Another Fantasy

Anonymous

Im sure that you are aware these “clog up” so frequently with even the tiniest bit of weed / growth or more often animal life!
          I’ve almost given up clearing mine unless I am going for a good distance. with GPS and plotter tracking I have everything I need for my log (yes I also carry a back up …or two!). With coastal navigation it is not such a problem but like a said, offshore I will always clear it before I set off, even if I only use it for distance ran and tidal flow calculations.
          Its about time a better design for these was produced.

Any budding inventors out there?

Anonymous

I coated the impeller with lanolin last year – worked for about half of the season. You can buy small tubs of it for a few pounds from chandlers.

Anonymous

@goodeau wrote:

I coated the impeller with lanolin last year – worked for about half of the season. You can buy small tubs of it for a few pounds from chandlers.

Great tip – I will give that a go!
              Thx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.