Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Oldfieldlowe
    Participant

I have recently had my rudder repaired. On dropping the rudder I note that there is wear on the stock around the bottom bearing. The ring which the stock fits into is slightly cracked and there is some crazing to the surrounding gel coat. When sailing I would get a slight shudder through the tiller.

How serious is this?

What is the fix?

Can I use the boat for a couple more seasons before repair if required.

with thanks.

Geoff

davefortey
      Participant

Sorry I can’t answer your question, however I have a 2003 B32, presently out of water for repairs, going yo change rudder bearings as old and still/ wheel judder. My question is, what are the best bearings to buy? There are roller and sleeve/ ball, to name a few?  Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Oldfieldlowe
        Participant

Hi Dave, unable to answer your question, however, I went onto the BAVARIA website, which  forwarded me onto their spares supplier, they have numerous bearings but you will need to know what your existing bearing is for comparison. I was hoping with mine that it would be an easy job to replace as 8 thought the bearing was held in place with a grub screw, unfortunately, this was not the case, the bearing on my boat is glassed in. I would be interested to know how you get on.

thanks.

Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.