• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

We bought a Bavaria 33 earlier this year 2006 vintage. Wilst we are very pleased with most aspects of her, we notice that when we are at anchor or on our mooring, she lays bow up and stern down. we have tried to redistribute some of our heavier “tackle” but this makes little or no difference. Have any other owners noticed this and if so are there any suggestions. She also lobs to starboard slightly but we think we can overcome this by moving the service batteries to the port bench locker

Anonymous

We also have a new Bav33 and have exactly the same problem. She is getting trailing weed on the stern since the antifouling line is below the water. I have worked out that since we keep her full of water and fuel, we have about a third of a ton near the stern which I think is causing the problem. I have not found a solution yet, but I intend to:-

1) Not fill the water tank before leaving the boat
        2) Raise the antifouling near the stern, probably by painting the line above the blue antifouling with white antifouling and the boot topping line with antifoul as well. If we raise the antifouling line uniformly it will be too high at the bow.
        3) Putting weight in the bow section under the forward berth.

Have you any other ideas?

Best regards,
        Michael Offen
        (Vela)

Anonymous

we put a second water tank in the bow and raised the anti fouling up to the top of the boot top added two thin blue lines above that, lost the distinctive bavaria water line but did solve the problem of weed growth
          have the same problem on new 37 will paint white anti fouling up to boot top ,have 1.95 keal but scrapped tide mill bar woodbridge at 2.1m oops
          must be the window boxes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.