• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, when running my engine the temperature/pressure relief valve on my calorifier continually drips after a while obviously because the water heated by the engine is too hot for the temperature relief valve, which is a new one. Can anybody either advise if this not usually the case or where this water should be discharged other than in the area around the engine.

Ed Holmes

Anonymous

Hi Ed

Have you got an accumulator in your cold water system? If not then the expansion has to go somewhere . . . .!

If it is a problem then you could fit an accumulator. I think the valve is too low down to direct the water into a suitable collector.

Rog

Anonymous

Hi Roger, have not got an accumulator in the system, and seem to remember that the system is not designed to have one, will just have to keep moping up the water.

Ed

Anonymous

Hi Ed,

I don’t see any reason why you can’t turn off the water pump and then open and close a hot tap to release some pressure before running the engine for any length of time, once the engine and calorifier are up to temperature you can turn the water pump back with hopefully no leaks.

It is also possible that leaving the pump on and turning a hot tap on and off every five minutes until the water has reached running temperature would also help with the problem.

Cheers,
            Paul.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.